It’s not at all uncommon for us to suggest that a patient opt for sedation during a procedure at our office. The most common response we get is “But I’m not nervous.” What those patients don’t realize is why sedation dentist coach in Flowery Branch can be a great option for any number of different reasons.
While sedation dentistry does a lot to help take the edge off of dental anxiety, it also has a place in a lot of other instances as well. If you’ve been wondering whether sedation dentistry is right for you, then this blog post is here to answer your question!
Why Choose Dental Sedation in Flowery Branch
- It makes time pass quickly. What’s more awkward than getting your teeth worked on? Getting your teeth worked on while you’re simply staring into space counting the minutes for it to be over! Sedation – even the mildest types – can make time pass a lot faster, and even leave you with no memory of your appointment.
- It saves you trips to the dentist. There are a lot of complex dental procedures that require multiple appointments. It isn’t because we can’t get the work completed in one sitting – it’s simply because there’s a limit to how much patients can handle before it becomes too much.
Sedation dentistry in Flowery Branch lets you save time by eliminating the need for that second appointment. If you choose IV sedation or general anesthesia, we’ll be able to finish the work in one sitting.
- It will eliminate the need to worry about your gag reflex. There are plenty of people who don’t have a problem with tools and hands going deep into their mouth to work on their back teeth. But others simply can’t handle the prospect, with even the mildest sensation causing a gagging reaction that slows down or interrupts treatment. Sedation can help minimize your gag reflex so that we can perform the work without interruption. You’ll feel better and your dental care will be finished more quickly.
- Trouble sitting still? Patients who have disabilities or can’t sit still for long periods of time can be greatly helped by sedation dentistry in Flowery Branch. By relaxing the body, we also relax the mind, making the visit go as smoothly and easily as possible. Even the mildest levels of sedation can help fidgety patients.
- It’s helpful for patients with sensitive teeth and gums. While most people don’t have an actual physical problem with the sensations of dental care, some patients simply can’t handle the feelings that come along with it. If you have teeth and gums that are so sensitive you can’t handle even the simplest of dental treatments, sedation can help eliminate your hypersensitivity.
Sedation Dentistry in Flowery Branch Can Help Almost Everyone!
From the frightened patient to the busy professional, dental sedation can meet your needs and make your appointment go super smoothly. We offer four different levels of sedation to help get the job done:
- Nitrous oxide, or laughing gas, is a minor sedative that leaves you relaxed but awake;
- Oral sedation will put you in a mild sleep-like state, all while leaving you conscious but you won’t remember your treatment;
- IV sedation leaves you between sleep and awake, but still able to respond to questions and commands;
- General anesthesia is the highest level available – you’ll sleep through your entire appointment!
If you have questions about sedation dentistry in Flowery Branch or want to find out how it can help you reach your oral health goals, call our office today to schedule a consultation and let’s discuss its benefits!