It is important to know that each and every site on social media has some uniqueness in it. They all seem one and the same, but there are differences in each one of them. Each one of them has a different format, a different kind of method to use it and a different connect with its target user base.
- To know which site will work the best for you, you need to sit down and study them. For example, if you have a blog on fashion, one can start off with Pinterest. It is an ideal platform for such things. On the flip side, if you have a freelance agency for writers and are looking for more publicity for it, it is facebook which may be ideal for you. LinkedIn works the best for things which have a serious tone in them.
- Also, do not try to have a presence on each and every type of social network which exists. Target on those which will reap dividends for you. Your profile which you upload on the network is the biography which the customers and users have in front of them while they study who to approach for which particular job function. Make it a point to format this well. Also, do not mislead customers and users about what exactly you are doing or offering. This will lead to a lot of negativity and it may harm your prospects in place of bettering them.
- It is also wise to remember that social profiles usually are among the top results in search listings for brands. If you type out the name of a brand, its page on facebook or how it appears on LinkedIn which pop out at you almost within the first ten listings on the google network. Thus, these do make a difference to the customer as and when he is searching for stuff on the internet. Make it a point to have a good online reputation management exercise done to ensure that you have a positive image in social media.
- Social media, in a way, is the new search engine optimization (SEO). These days, users and customers do not just google their way when they are searching for information. In fact, they make just go across to the social media pages of the given company to see how they are performing and faring. This tends to be a bit quicker also at times given the sometimes confusing rankings on google which one may take time to understand.
- It is a fact that whatever anyone may say, social media is here to stay. Though social media does get derided at times and people make fun of the time some spend on facebook and twitter, there is no denying that it is a very important tool for advertising. And it is poised to become even bigger since its reach is increasing with each passing day.