While some smart home products might appear intimidating, smart home automation in Lake Nona can help parents in a number of different ways. Today, we’ll take a look at how smart technology can help you as a parent and explore some of the ways it can help your children.
Following is a brief overview of some of the ways you can employ smart home devices to make your life easier as a parent while keeping your kids safe and sound.
1. Lighting: Keep your kids safe at night. Smart lighting is often one of the first smart home products that are installed into a connected home. If you’re worried about your children getting up in the dark at night, automated lighting is the way to go. As soon as they open their door at night, the lights will be triggered, and they will turn on dimmed so as not to scare your children. You can then set the lights to turn themselves off perhaps fifteen minutes later, so you don’t waste electricity.
2. Streamline morning routines. Smart home automation in Lake Nona can be used across the board to give the whole family a helping hand with their morning routine. You can program the lights to come on and gradually ease your children into the day before they’ve even climbed out of bed. And smart thermostats save the whole family from waking up too hot or too cold. If you don’t have a programmable coffee maker, you can install a smart plug and a regular coffee machine so a fresh pot will be ready when you head down to your kitchen.
3. Ease into bedtime. You can take full advantage of the same smart home automation in Lake Nona at the end of the day and make hassle-filled bedtime a thing of the past. Just like you can program your lighting to fire up in the morning, you can ensure it gets dimmer in your kids’ bedrooms as their day is ending. They can brush their teeth with a smart toothbrush that injects a healthy dose of fun into essential dental hygiene.
4. Streamline your entry system with smart locks. Smart door locks come in many configurations and, contrary to common belief, it’s convenience rather than security that drives most people to smarten up their entry system. Smart locks with keypads are the perfect solution to teach your children the importance of remembering codes while ensuring they never get locked out again. With smart locks, you can also receive notifications on your smartphones when your children are safely home, and the doors have been locked.
5. Video doorbells keep a close eye on visitors. If your kids spend time at home when you’re still at work, you might worry about them ignoring your instructions not to open the door to strangers, but you can get around that with a video doorbell. You can intercept the visitor yourself and send them away without letting them know your kids are home alone. For general day-to-day use, smart home automation in Lake Nona can save you from having to deal with visitors and make sure you never miss a package being delivered when you’re not at home.
6. Security systems keep the whole family safe. Take security one stage further with cameras both inside and outside your house. Your home should be your sanctuary and you need to take all sensible precautions to keep unwanted intruders at bay. Motion-activated security lights are one of the biggest deterrents for burglars.
Parenting can be tough, but your home and your family are the most important things in life. To make sure yours are adequately protected, call us today to learn more about smart home automation in Lake Nona.